I'm seeing a lot of time for web browsers and no time for individual websites
Generally speaking, RescueTime should log individual websites instead of browser time. However, there are some exceptions:
- Occasionally, your browser might get "hung up" and stop allowing us to log sites. Restarting the browser and restarting RescueTime might resolve the problem—it's worth taking the time to try this first.
- If your browser is open, but there is no URL or only a partial URL in the address bar, RescueTime can't log a site.
- If you are browsing local files on your hard drive in your browser, sometimes RescueTime can't detect this.
- If you are using a whitelist, you are telling RescueTime that you don't want to log detailed time on sites other than the ones you specify. All time on sites outside the whitelist will be logged as generic browser time.
- Either your browser or RescueTime needs to be updated to the current version.
- You might be using a browser that we don't support. We currently support most mainstream browsers.
- You might have a browser plugin that interferes with RescueTime. Try disabling all of your plugins to see if this is the issue.