Browser detail logging problems
The logging of detailed web browser activity for Chrome and Firefox depends on several interlocking components. Because the mechanisms of these change over time with version updates, RescueTime requires coordination of them. If you are not seeing your browser time broken down by website correctly, please do the following and check after each step whether the issue has been resolved:
- Try quitting and restarting both RescueTime and the browser.
- Make sure that you have Collect window and document titles selected in your Privacy Settings.
- If you on Mac OS/X, make sure you have granted RescueTime Accessibility in the OS Security & Privacy settings.
- Ensure having the latest versions of the application and the browser extension. The application is available at www.rescuetime.com/get_rescuetime and the browser extension at https://www.rescuetime.com/browser-plugin.
- Make sure that you are signed into the browser extension.
- On Windows, the application must by installed in admin mode. If you have not done this previously, please reinstall in admin mode. To do this, find the location of the installer, right-click on it, and choose Run as Administrator.
- Make sure that you are on the latest version of Chrome/Firefox by checking for updates in the browser menu.