Browser detail logging problems
Logging detailed web browser activity for Chrome and Firefox depends on several interlocking components. Because the mechanisms of these change over time with version updates, RescueTime requires coordination with them. If you do not see your browser time broken down by website correctly, please do the following and after each step, check whether the issue has been resolved:
- Try quitting and restarting both RescueTime and the browser.
- Make sure that you have Collect window and document titles selected in your Privacy Settings.
- If you on Mac OS/X, make sure you have granted RescueTime Accessibility in the OS Security & Privacy settings.
- Make sure you are running the latest versions of the application and the browser extension. The applications and browser extensions are available at www.rescuetime.com/get_rescuetime
- Make sure that you are signed into the browser extension with the same email address as the desktop application.
- On Windows, the application must by installed in admin mode. If you have not done this previously, please reinstall in admin mode. To do this, find the location of the installer, right-click on it, and choose Run as Administrator.
- Make sure that you are using the latest version of Chrome or Firefox by checking for updates in the browser menu.