Outlook/Office 365 Calendar
What you'll learn
How to connect your Outlook 365 Calendar to RescueTime
Ready to give your Google Calendar a boost? Click here.
1. On the integration page, select "Connect your Office account"
2. You will be redirected to sign-in to your Outlook 365 account, by signing in you will be connecting RescueTime to your Outlook calendar.
3. Permissions for this integration
When you connect RescueTime to Outlook 365 Calendar, you will be asked to grant the following permissions
This permission is necessary to create the dedicated RescueTime calendar that summaries will be posted to.
💡NOTE: RescueTime will not add, edit or delete anything from your existing calendars.
( If these permissions are not accepted you will not be able to use the integration.)
4. Select "Create your RescueTime calendar" -a calendar titled "RescueTime" will be created in your Google Calendar.
5. Once created you will be able to click on "Go to Your Calendar" to see your integration in action.
6. You will need to hit the refresh button for your RescueTime calendar to populate on the bottom left of your screen under "My calendars". Once it appears you will need to checkmark it to see the integration appear on your calendar.
7. If you have time logged your calendar will now look like this:
You have successfully connected your Outlook 365 Calendar integration
How to use the Outlook 365 Calendar Integration
RescueTime will create a new calendar that will contain daily summaries about your time. Each day, a new summary is created showing details of your logged time in RescueTime and the time blocked off on your calendar.
✔️Open your Outlook 365 Calendar.
💡 *Note-You will not be able to view the current day but can view days in the past.
✔️To get an expanded overview of your day select the timer and calendar emoji on the date you would like to view. Then select the expand arrow.
Daily Overview Explained
- Quickly see the total time you logged each day, right in your calendar
- Get a rollup of the total time in meetings on your primary calendar
- Get a summary of your daily goals in RescueTime
How to disconnect your Outlook 365 calendar from RescueTime
- Click here and then select "Disconnect this Integration"
- Next, go to your Outlook 365 calendar
- Place your mouse over your Rescuetime calendar and select the 3 dots that appear.
Scroll to the middle and choose “ Remove Calendar”
That's it! You're good to go.
Troubles with Outlook 365 Calendar Integration
Are you having troubles connecting your integration?
Maybe you're not seeing the Rescuetime summaries on your calendar?
Don't stress! Please go to the integration page and select "Regenerate Summaries". When you do this, it will generate your summaries from the last 7 days.