What you'll learn
How to connect your Google Calendar to RescueTime
Ready to give your Google Calendar a boost? Click here.
1. On the integration page, select "Connect your Google account"
2. You will be redirected to sign-in to your Gmail account, by signing in you will be connecting RescueTime to your Google calendar.
3. Permissions for this integration
When you connect RescueTime to Google Calendar, you will be asked to grant the following permissions
See, edit, share, and permanently delete all the calendars you can access using Google Calendar
This permission is necessary to create the dedicated RescueTime calendar that summaries will be posted to.
💡NOTE: RescueTime will not add, edit or delete anything from your existing calendars.
(If these permissions are not accepted you will not be able to use the integration.)
4. Select "Create your RescueTime calendar" -a calendar titled "RescueTime" will be created in your Google Calendar.
5. Once created you will be able to click on "Go to Your Calendar" to see your integration in action.
6. If you have meetings scheduled your calendar will now look like this:
You have successfully connected your Google Calendar integration
How to use the Google Calendar Integration
RescueTime will create a new calendar that will contain daily summaries about your time. Each day, a new summary is created showing details of your logged time in RescueTime and the time blocked off on your calendar.
✔️Open your Google Calendar.
✔️In order for integration to be seen calendar must be in Daily, Weekly or Monthly view. The calendar view can be changed on the right-hand side of the screen at the top.
💡 *Note-In daily view you will not be able to view the current day but can view days in the past.
✔️To get an expanded overview of your day select the timer and calendar emoji on the date you would like to view.
Daily Overview Explained
- Quickly see the total time you logged each day, right in your calendar
- Get a rollup of the total time in meetings on your primary calendar
- Get a summary of your daily goals in RescueTime
How to disconnect your calendar from RescueTime
- Click here and then select "Disconnect this Integration"
- Next, go to your Google Calendar settings page
- Choose the settings for the “RescueTime” calendar
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and choose “Remove Calendar”
That's it! You're good to go.
Troubles with RescueTime Integration
Are you having troubles connecting your integration?
Maybe you're not seeing the Rescuetime summaries on your calendar?
Don't stress! Please disconnect and reconnect your connection to Google calendar. When you do this, make sure you accept the permission to " See, edit, share, and permanently delete all the calendars you can access using Google Calendar"