How to uninstall RescueTime
- Click on your Start menu and go to All Programs > RescueTime > Uninstall RescueTime.
- Click on your Start menu again, and select Control Panel. In the Control Panel window select Add or Remove Programs. Select RescueTime and click the Remove button.
- This will run the uninstall program which will remove the RescueTime application and all configuration settings from your computer.
- You must first exit RescueTime by clicking on the menu icon located at the top of your screen next to the clock and selecting Quit RescueTime.
- Once RescueTime has quit, you can remove RescueTime by going to your Applications folder and dragging the RescueTime.app icon to the Trash.
- To remove configuration files, delete the RescueTime.com directory located at: Macintosh HD:[username]:Library:RescueTime.com
Note: If you are running OS X 10.7+, the Library directory is hidden by default. If you can not find the Library directory you can get to it by holding down the OPTION key while selecting Go from the Finder Menu and selecting "Library" from there.
- You must first exit RescueTime by clicking on the menu icon located on the system tray, next to the clock and selecting Quit RescueTime.
- If you downloaded the .deb package, you can run the following command in terminal from an administrative account: sudo apt-get remove rescuetime.
- If you downloaded the .rpm package, you can run the following command in terminal from an administrative account: sudo rpm --erase rescuetime.
- To remove configuration files, delete the RescueTime.com directory located at: ~./config/RescueTime.com.
If you need to re-install the application after the clean uninstall, follow these steps:
- Go to https://www.rescuetime.com/download
- Login using your RescueTime account credentials.
- Download and install the application.
Note: Uninstalling the client application does not cancel your account.