Android - How to access App Settings on 5.0 and up
The RescueTime Android app can be found at the Google Play store.
To access app settings, press on the gear icon on the bottom-right of the home screen labeled "Settings."
There are a number of options that you can configure in order to get the app logging the way you want it to.
Account Settings: Allows you to manage and access general account information
- Sign out: It's used to unlink a device from the account it's attached to and stop tracking. You should only use this if you no longer want the device to log time at all. If you just want to stop logging temporarily, use “Pause Logging” under Tracking Options listed below.
- Password, Billing, Privacy: It will open the RescueTime login page in your default browser app. Once you log in you'll be taken to the Account Settings page. There you can find information about these topics and make changes.
- Troubleshooting: It will open a page of diagnostic data. If you run into issues with your app, then you can send this data to the RescueTime Customer Support Team to help with troubleshooting.
Tracking Options: Allows you to control what the app logs and what functions are enabled
- Pause Logging: It will disable activity logging on the phone until the option is unchecked, at which time logging will resume.
- Track Apps: Tracks the usage of apps when the phone is unlocked.
- Track Sites: Allows you to see time broken down by website for browser activity. If this is not checked, your browsing time will be compiled together into a single entry for the browser app. On some versions of Android, notably Android 9.0 "Pie" and later, this feature is unavailable.
- Do Not Disturb: It will put your phone into Do Not Disturb mode during a RescueTime FocusTime session. Please note FocusTime works on desktop only. This feature is available in Android 6.0 "Marshmallow" and newer.
- Do Not Disturb Behavior: If "Do Not Disturb" is enabled, this becomes active (you will still not see a check box) and lets you customize the do-not-disturb behavior with the following options: Allow priority senders and media, Allow alarms and some media, or Enforce total silence.
Notification Options: Allows you to control when to get notified on your mobile
- Push Notifications: Enables the presentation of RescueTime Alert notifications (sent by RescueTime servers) on the device.
- Persistent Tracking Notification: Displays today's total time and productivity pulse as a sticky system notification. When enabled, RescueTime keeps running as a service, and data sync to our servers will happen more frequently, especially when the device is not charging.
Sync Options: Determines the coordination between certain settings in your RescueTime account on the website and the Android app
- Only over WiFi: Restricts the sending of RescueTime data to times when you have a WiFi connection. The activity log files that RescueTime sends are small, but you can choose this option if you want to minimize the impact on your data plan.
- Use tracking schedule: Puts into effect the logging schedule you have established in your Privacy Settings on your RescueTime account on the website. If this is not selected, the app will log 24x7 by default.
- Sync offline activity choices: Imports your Offline Time Entry labels from your RescueTime account on the website so that they appear automatically as submission options when using the Android app’s Offline Time entry feature.