What you'll learn
How to connect your iCloud Calendar to RescueTime
Ready to give your iCloud Calendar a boost? Click here.
1. On the integration page, select "Connect your iCloud account"
2. You will be redirected to sign-in to your iCloud account by entering your Apple ID and your app-specific password. See steps below on how to create an app-specific password.
3. To finish the setup, select " Create your RescueTime calendar." RescueTime will create a dedicated calendar called "RescueTime" in your iCloud Calendar.
How to create an app-specific password
Apple requires iCloud users to use app-specific passwords on all third-party applications. It's a single-use password for your Apple ID that lets RescueTime securely access the information you store in your iCloud calendar.
NOTE: To generate an use app-specific password your Apple ID must be protected with two-factor authentication.
Here are the steps to create an app-specific password:
- Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
Under the Security section you'll find App-Specific Passwords. Click Generate Password to create your single-use password.
4. Select "Create your RescueTime calendar" and a calendar titled "RescueTime" will be created in your iCloud Calendar.
5. Once created you will be able to click on "Go to Your Calendar" to see your integration in action.
6. If you have meetings scheduled your calendar will now look like this:
You have successfully connected your iCloud Calendar integration
How to use the iCloud Calendar Integration
RescueTime will create a new calendar that will contain daily summaries about your time. Each day, a new summary is created showing details of your logged time in RescueTime and the time blocked off on your calendar.
✔️Open your iCloud Calendar.
✔️In order for integration to be seen calendar must be in Daily, Weekly, or Monthly view. To change your view use the toggle at the bottom of the calendar.
💡 *Note: In the daily view you will not be able to view the current day but can view days in the past.
✔️To get an expanded overview of your day click on the timer and calendar emoji on the date you would like to view.
Daily Overview Explained
- Quickly see the total time you logged each day, right in your calendar
- Get a rollup of the total time in meetings on your primary calendar
- Get a summary of your daily goals in RescueTime
How to disconnect your iCloud calendar from RescueTime
- Click here and select "Disconnect this Integration"
- Next, go to your Calendar on iCloud.com.
- Click Edit at the bottom of the sidebar.
- Click the red button to the right of the calendar and click Delete.
That's it! You're good to go.
Troubles with the iCloud Calendar Integration
Are you having trouble connecting your integration?
Maybe you're not seeing the Rescuetime summaries on your calendar?
Don't stress! Please disconnect and reconnect your connection to the iCloud calendar.